Holiday Sights and Sounds Parade
Saturday, December 3rd
6:00pm on First Street in Downtown Livermore
This is a rain or shine event!! So bundle up, grab some hot cocoa and see you there!
Join us Downtown for our holiday tradition, the "Holiday Sights and Sounds Parade"!
Enjoy floats and performances by local businesses, bands, schools, clubs, and more. A Livermore tradition you don't want to miss! We can't wait to see you all for another fabulous year!
The Holiday Sights and Sounds Parade is part of our 2-day lineup of events to kick off December! Holiday Village in the Park is the day before on Friday, December 2nd. It's a magical evening in the park. Like a Holiday movie, but in real life! Local vendors and makers welcome! Click here to see event details for Holiday Village in the Park.
CHECK OUT our NEW Interactive Parade Program by clicking HERE!
VOTE for your favorite parade entry - Follow along in real time at the parade then vote by clicking on the smiley faces! Let's see who gets the most votes!
GET the full parade line-up with info on each unit, including links to their sites!
Parade Day Street Closures and Route Map
Given the holiday atmosphere as well as the nature of this family oriented hometown parade, the Livermore Police Department is expecting large crowds to gather downtown. The parade will travel east on First Street concluding with a tree lighting ceremony at Lizzie Fountain across from Flag Pole Plaza.
NOTE: Livermore's Downtown Businesses are open on parade day so parking areas are for consumer cars before street closures. Any chairs placed in parking stalls before Street closures will being removed. Make sure your chairs and blankets are behind the pink crowd tape and are not blocking sidewalks or damaging landscape. Sidewalks must remain open for ADA access. Please remain behind the pink crowd tape as that signifies the safe viewing areas.
Streets close at 2:00 PM for set up. Parking stalls in front of Panama Bay Coffee, and in front of Purpose Built will be used for Announcing Stages so chairs placed there before set up will be removed. For public safety once the parade begins, there will be NO crossing the street. Spectators must remain within a safe viewing distance and must stay behind the pink tape. Spectators must stay on the sidewalks from M Street to O Street!
For the parade, the following street closures will be in effect on December 3rd
Starting at 1 p.m.
- South Livermore Avenue from First Street to Veterans Way
Starting at 2 p.m.
- First Street will be closed from Maple Street to South N Street
- Second Street will be closed from Maple Street to O Street
- All of the cross streets between First Street and Third Street will be closed to traffic within the parade route.
- The North side of 3rd Street from S. Livermore Ave to K Street will also be no-parking zones.
Starting at 3 p.m.
- First Street from O Street to N Street.
There will be designated handicap parking in the parking lot located on North Livermore Avenue adjacent to the Bankhead Theater.
Estimated time to re-open is approximately 9pm, but will not re-open until it is deemed safe for pedestrians to do so. We encourage spectators and pedestrians to wear high-visibility clothing when walking home. Please use extreme caution when leaving the area, drive slowly as there will be many families with children walking home.
Please remember that open containers and alcohol consumption in public areas that are not licensed patios and restaurants is not legal.
Looking forward to a fantastic and safe Parade!
Parade at 6:00 PM
Christmas Tree Lighting immediately following (approx 7:15pm)
Let the festivities begin!!!!
The parade start time is planned for 6 p.m. and is expected to last a hour. All of the streets within the parade area will be marked NO PARKING for the event. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE CARS INSIDE ANY OF THE PARADE CLOSURES AS THEY WILL BE TOWED.
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW OR HERE TO DOWNLOAD A LARGER VERSION FOR PRINT AND VIEWING.
Want to participate in the parade?
2022 PARADE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED THE LINEUP IS LOCKED! IF YOU MISSED THIS YEAR, PLEASE JOIN US NEXT YEAR! ALWAYS THE FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER!
REGISTRATION is not complete until you register via the link below, pay for registration and ALSO return the below hold harmless form, so please FOLLOW all 3 steps.
PLEASE READ ALL 3 STEPS FIRST BEFORE BEGINNING AND ALSO READ THE RULES AND REGULATIONS BELOW!
Step 1: REGISTER - Sign up to participate in our parade - Register here!
Step 2: Pay for registration (Once you register at the above link and submit, a link that says "continue" will appear, please select continue to go to our Shopify store to pay for registration) Please select the proper item when paying. Read the two Parade options and select whether you are a business/company OR a non-profit, school or children's group.
Step 3: FILL OUT this Hold Harmless form and email it immediately to email@example.com
*Please add this email address to your contacts to ensure that you receive parade communications and confirmation: HolidaySightsandSoundsParade.firstname.lastname@example.org Otherwise, PLEASE be sure to check spam folders. Parade registration is not a guarantee of acceptance. We must receive all of the above information by the deadline. All entries must be approved by LDI. You'll receive a notice of approval once accepted. This is a rain or shine event, no refunds will be given for cancellations.
Parade Rules & Regulations:
1. Float entries ONLY. No more than 8 walkers with each float. (unless band or approved by Livermore Downtown Inc.)
2. NO WALKING ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. (unless band or approved by Livermore Downtown Inc.)
3. All entries must be lighted or have holiday music incorporated into the design.
4. There is a $75.00 donation for non-profits/local organizations $100.00 donation for corporate/business parade entries. Parade is free to the public.
5. Santa Claus has already entered. No Santa’s may be in any entries.
6. The parade will last approximately one hour.
7. Throwing/handing out of candy or other items is not permitted.
8. Hold Harmless Agreement must be completed and returned with application.
9. Confirmation package with event details and day-of instructions will be sent the week of the event.
10. Deadline for application is November 20th, 2022.
11. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises.
12. Except in case of backup of parade traffic, you may not stop or delay movement of your entry at any time!
13. No Political Propaganda!
14. This is a Rain or Shine event! No refunds!
Holiday Sights & Sounds Parade Sponsors!
Thank you to all of our sponsors for your support!
For more information about our wonderful sponsors please scroll down to visit their websites.
Sponsors: City of Livermore, Livermore Sanitation, Purpose-Build Trade Co, Upstage Productions, Joya, Sherry Nigg of RE/MAX Accord & Denise Faenzi-Williams of RE/MAX Accord!